Thursday, June 02, 2005

Beer at 3:30

Today was a pretty stressful day at work for all of us. We are all getting used to the students, and they are getting used to us, which has started to cause problems. I have this class of second year students that are the lowest level in the school, and the reason is evident. They don't do anything. Three of them rarely come to class, and the other two are 20 minutes late every day. On tuesday, the two late ones really pissed me off. First off, they both were exceptionally late. They bring slips from the station master saying that their train was late, and so I am supposed to mark them as present. But they do it every day, and I'm sure that their train is not always late. I chewed them out the day before about it. Because seriously, if it was a job, they would be expected to be on time everyday, regardless of if their train was late or not. So on tuesday, they were 20 minutes late again, and I was tired and wanted to sleep, and didn't feel that I should have to wait for them to show up to school. So after struggling with them for 45 minutes, trying to get some education into their pea sized brains, they girl, (who, by the way, has been at this two year school for four and a half years) asked me if they could have a ten minute break since all the other teachers give their classes ten minute breaks. First, I told her, none of the teachers give ten minute breaks, and even if they did, I wouldn't give one to her since she had come in twenty minutes late. (this, by the way, is the same girl who, when I said she could go get something to drink, went all the way to the connivence store) She really has a pea sized brain.

So today seemed to be the same kind of day that I had on tuesday, so after our last class at 3:30, I was saying that I needed to spend a few ours in a cafe before my 6:30 class, and Vannia said she needed a beer. I thought that was a good idea, so Matt, Vania and I decided to go have a couple beers and bitch about students. It was a great stress reliever, and left me refreshed for my night time class.