Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My new boat and dog

The main reason that I haven't gotten a sail boat or dog yet is that I haven't had a good name. I used my last good dog name on my mom's dog, and that was really only a good pug's name anyway. But now, thanks to the brilliance of my sister, I have both a sailboat name a a dog name.

Background:
I have this friend named Eina (Eh-nuh) who wanders off the places like Nepal or some Buddhist monastery or something like that every once in a while, and never keeps track of people. She's very zen like that. So a few months ago, Sky said that she was in the 'ham.

So Kelsey and I were driving though town the other day when I said, "I need to find Ena sometime". Kelsey, who can't hear because years of talking too loud have damaged her hearing, thought I said "I need to find ainus umtime" No it doesn't make any sense at all, but that's what she thought. So we get into this discussion about words that, when follow or preceded by other words, morph. For Example: Larry's sail boat becomes Larry's ale boat. So I said, "That's It! That's what I'll name my boat. Ale Boat. So now that I have a name, I can get a boat. (Except for one of the minor reasons I don't have a boat yet: lack of money)

But sister's ideas didn't stop there, "And you can name your dog 'Schooner'". Perfect a beerboat boat, and a beerboat dog. So now that I have a dog's name, I can get a dog too. (Except for the minor reasons I don't have a dog yet: lack of money and no place to live.)