Saturday, January 12, 2008

Waffles!

I like waffles. I have one at least once a week, so when my 1950s Dominion model 1301 waffle maker burnt out a few months ago, I began a search for a new one.

From Waffles

The first new one was a crappy ToastMaster with a non-stick coating. The instructions said to plug it in for 10 minutes, and wait until it stopped smelling. I've glad I don't have any parakeets, or they probably would have died. I probably didn't end up better off either. After making about 4 waffles, throwing each one out, I finally ate one. It made my mouth tingle, so I submitted a report to the Consumer Protection Agency, and returned it.

For x-mas, my parents got me a Cuisinart waffle maker. It was also non-stick, but didn't stink as much, or make my mouth tingle when I ate the waffles, so I've used it a bit, but decided that I need to fix the old one. The texture of the Cuisinart waffle maker just isn't as good as my old one.
From Waffles

So today, Mom, Dad and I found two 50s and 60s waffle makers, a Dominion model 1316, and a ToastMaster 2D3. Dad and I tested them out tonight, and the both make perfect, beautiful waffles. Originally, I was going to use parts from the Dominion 1316 to fix my 1301, and clean up and sell the ToastMaster, but they are both too nice, so we're keeping them. For breakfast tomorrow: waffles!

All cleaned up!



The ToastMaster before polishing.