Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Seeing People

I finally went to see some doctors last friday. I am going to the Seattle Cancer Care Alliance, which is a building on the corner of the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center on Lake Union in Seattle. I have two doctors, one who is staff at the Cancer Care Alliance, and the head doctor, Stephen Petersdorf, who is a professor of Oncology at the UW. Last friday, we talked about the disease, treatment, and got some more tests and a CT-scan done.

This week, I will have 3 appointment, including a PET-scan at he UW Medical Center, and an appointment to finalize the treatment plans. Probably, I will start treatment by next week. I'm happy about deciding to come here because I think its the best possible place I could choose to have treatment. I don't like how long its going to take, but I have no other choice but to stay and finish everything before I get my life back on track.

I have a bunch of film sitting in the fridge, so if anyone knows someone with a negative scanner, let me know. I had to leave mine in my apartment in Tokyo.