Thursday, September 01, 2005

This is the Day!

It's 5:55am, and I'm having breakfast and getting ready to go in for Chemo. I have to be in Seattle by 8:00, but since trafffic around here is so unpredictable, we will leave at 6. We'll probably get to Seattle way too early, but there's always the chance that traffic will be really bad, and we'd be late if we didn't leave this early.

I talked to the nurse that is in charge of my treatment yesterday, about what will be happening. For the last week, I've had a pain in my shoulder and neck that is probably caused by the tumor in my neck, so I got a pain killer prescription from her for that. She says that once chemo starts, the tumors will probably dissolve so quickly that not only will the pain in the neck go away, but I will probably have a strange feeling in my chest from all the organs and my lung moving back into their proper places. They will be giving me some medication to counter the effects of all that broken down tumor tissue entering my bloodstream to prevent it from becoming toxic. Also in the coming weeks, I will have to start watching how and what I eat to prevent bacteria that would normally not effect me, from making me sick as my white blood cell count lowers.

That's all for now. I'll try to post when I come back.