Sunday, December 07, 2003

Well, I turned in my paper. I was about 3 pages short of what she wanted, but I didn't care. It also lacked any editing, and just all around sucked, but at least I wrote it unlike some other person I know. I will be absolutely ecstatic if I actually pass the class. I'm not incredibly worried though because next quarter I only have 10 credits, so I can find another class to replace it if necessary. Maybe I should start looking for a replacement class now.

After my lovely paper was turned in, I had breakfast with Louise, Saki, Yuka, Akane and Yukiko at the Old Town Café. Then I went to sleep. The night before I stayed up until 4:30 working on my paper, then woke up at 6:30 to get back to campus to write until the deadline at 12:30. So I slept until 7pm, woke up to get dinner, buy Whiskey and Kaluah, and went to a cocktail party at Rae's house.

Rae has the coolest house in B'ham. It's not very old, only a few years, but it is on top of this huge sandstone rock in the Franklin neighborhood. You have to climb this huge narrow staircase up the rock to the French doors at the front porch. The house is not very wide, but what it lacks in width, it gains in height. Besides being built on a rock, it's three stories tall. The kitchen and living room are on the first floor, a sort of study and two bedrooms on the second floor, and a door on the second floor leads to a stairway to the last bedroom on the third floor. The room is octagonal, and has a porch on the south side with the most incredible view. Being three stories and built on a huge rock, it has have the best view in all of Bellingham. It is crazy! Much better than the Seahome Hill tower. Really cool.

One final left, then break!