Monday, May 17, 2004

Finally, some pictures

I went out yesterday and started walking and took a few pictures. I walked a few stations down the tracks until I got tired, and then hoped on the train until I got to the end of the line. I didn't even leave the station though because I didn't want to have to pay for it. So I just got back on the train going the other direction, and went home.

The area that I live is quite mountianous. As I was riding the train to work today, I counted tunnels. There were 12 between my station and the station that I worked at today.




The school that I taught at today was the worst. They started out by having an assembly where they introduced me to the whole school, and they made various other announcements including a chastising by the principle to all the students because some kids threw rocks at a car. After the assembly, I went to my first class. The teacher wasn't getting involved in the class like the teachers at other schools were, and the students were having a hard time paying attention. The only class I had that was okay was one of the 5th grade classes taught by a pretty young teacher.

The first grade classes are usually the best, but at this school, they didn't concentrate at all, and I had a hard time keeping them focused on something. The may not seem like something that any first grader is good at, but this class was defiantly bad at it. If I thought the first grade was bad, the sixth grade was worse. They talked the whole time, and were completely disinterested. The teacher gave them no help or motivation at all. I will try to have some ideas for tomorrow so that I can get the brats moving. :-)