Sunday, February 08, 2004

6 Weeks!!!


Which means five weeks of class. I haven't even really gotten far into my papers yet. I have what feels like an entire library of books in my backpack, but I haven't read any of them yet. (I actually have every book relating to Koreans in Japan that the Western Library had in English, plus some that the UW library had). Every time I find time to read, I read something else. It's an interesting subject, but now that I have to read it, I don't want to. Cool how that works isn't it? I need some kind of study shot. I think Emily must take 5 of those a day. Maybe she can hook me up. :-)

I got my TESOL certification on Tuesday. Donna, the instructor who observed me, didn't tell me that I had passed. Instead, I received an email from the TESOL office telling me to come pick up my certificate. I still haven't had my meeting with Donna to see how I actually did. But AUAP is done now. The last day of class was last friday, so I can consolidate my working hours so that I have a big study hole between classes and work. Then I will be ablt to go home at 5 for dinner, and be back up at campus by 6:30 to study until midnight. Now if only I could get ahold of some of those injections of studiousness I would be set.

I still haven't actually received the camera I bought from ebay. They guy said that he shipped it tuesday, and since he charged me more when I asked to have it shipped by US Post rather than UPS, I assumed he shipped by 2 to 3 day. But since it's not here, he either sent it by 5 to 7 day and ripped me off, it got lost, or just ripped me off.

I got a call from Dansen yesterday from the free McDonalds phone that he uses, but since it was talking is a strange voice, it took up the first 6th of his three minute phone time for me to figure out who he was. It was still cool though. I will have to find me one of those when I get there.

Take a hop over to www.amychavez.com for a one dollar ebook version of a book she has written on Japan called "Guidebook to Japan: What the other guidebooks won't tell you" (everything from how to get to a naked festival to how to avoid Japanese gangsters). It's pretty good, and what I did to avoid studying all weekend.