Monday, February 23, 2004

Job

I still haven't heard anything from Interac about when I am supposed to be in Japan, or if I am really teaching in Machida. I sent all my paperwork to them in November, but I have heard almost nothing since then. Right after I sent it all in I received a reply that they had gotten it. But the middle of January, I had heard nothing else form them, and I started getting antsy and sent them another email to make sure everything was okay. They said that they wouldn't be confirming positions until the middle of February. It's now the middle of February, and I am getting antsy again. It is less than a month from my graduation date, and I hoped to be in Japan soon after. I need to start thinking about plane tickets, a place to stay, and all kinds of stuff. But how am I supposed to do that if I don't even know when I am supposed to be there, or even if I am actually going to be teaching in Machida? It's really frustrating, especially when I should be concentrating on writing my two research papers. Ugh