Wednesday, January 12, 2005

New Pics


A park in Yokohama
From my Lomohomes album

I started work again yesterday after a few weeks off. I decided to cancel my meeting with the head hunter because it sounded like he was more interested in turning me into a headhunter than helping me to find a job. (which,, if you look at their website is what they claim to do) I tried to set up an interview with a school that emailed me on Monday, but they didn't call me until Tuesday evening. Instead, what I decided to take a walk in Tokyo with my cameras.

I went in search of old Tokyo, which is rarely seen, but I've heard still exists in some places. These are the areas of Tokyo that escaped the fires caused by the 1923 earthquake, the air raids of WWII, and modernization and development ever since. I got off at a station that sounded good to me, but since I was in the subway, I couldn't see anything. Instead what I found was one of the highest concentrations of new shiny glass skyscrapers in Tokyo, Shinbashi.

From Shinbashi, I started walking generally in a westerly direction, intending to meet Ai at her campus. I ended up not meeting Ai because she got out of class early and went home before she knew I was there, so I continued toward Shibuya.

I did find some vestiges of old Tokyo down a little alley, but my camera jammed up right there, and I lost all of the shots that I took, and about a third of my roll of film. Click on the picture above to go to my photo page, go to Public Albums and open the Big Tokyo Walk album.

All the pictures in that album have high contrast and bright colors. I meant to do that. It's slide film developed with negative chemicals.